Last week I talked about having a prayer binder. As I said my prayer binder is a work in progress. It is not pretty. I have to work on that but right now I am more about content than prettiness.
Here is how mine is set up.
My front folder holds miscellaneous stuff. The beginning of the binder holds notes about prayer and Bible Study.
Then I have an “everyday” tab and then a tab for each day of the week.
As far as what I pray for –
“Everyday” – my husband, my children
Here’s a sample of what I pray for:
This is a sheet of paper that I got from a friend that has several verses to pray for your husband. It is really good.
For my children I have a few things I pray for:
The paper above has several things to pray for on certain days. I also have a monthly calendar with 31 days and there is a verse and topic to pray for my children. I got it from this free Ebook. And since we are going through the “Power of a Praying Parent”, when we get done we are going to type up each prayer at the end of each section and pray that on a certain day since there are 30 lessons.
But here is what I start with (I plan on making a Thanksgiving/Adoration tab):
Praise God – The Attributes of God – I got the following from my own study and from Arthur Pink’s book The Attributes of God.
- Solitariness of God – “God is solitary in His Excellency” Ex. 15:11; Eph. 1:11; Neh. 9:5; I Tim. 6:21
- Sovereignty of God – “the exercise of His Supremacy”; Is. 46:10; Ps. 115:3; 2 Tim. 1:19; Rom. 9:18
- Holiness of God – “The sum of all moral Excellency is a found in Him” Is. 6:3; Ps. 30:4-5; Ps. 103:1; Ps. 99:5
- The Faithfulness of God – Deut. 7:9; 2 Tim. 2:13; Ps. 89:8; Is. 11:5; Ps. 36:5; Num. 23:19; Lam. 3:22-23; I Cor. 1:9; I Thess. 5:24
- The Grace of God – Eph. 2:8,9; 2 Tim. 1:9; Rom. 3:24; Rom. 5:21; Heb. 4:16; Ex. 33:19; Jn. 1:17; Acts 20:24; Zech. 12:10
- Goodness of God – Ps. 52:1; Ps. 119:68; Ps. 33:5; Ps. 107:8; Matt. 20:15; Nahum 1:7; Ps. 27 – goodness of the Lord
- Patience of God – Ps. 145:8; Nah. 1:3; Num. 14:17; Rom. 9:22; Rom. 15:5; Eph. 5:2
- Mercy of God – Ps. 136:1; Ps. 103:17; Luke 1:78; I Pet. 1:3; Ps. 59:16; Ex. 33:19; Ps. 145:9; Titus 3:5; Ps. 57:10
- The Love of God – I Jn. 4:8; Deut. 7:7,8; I Jn. 4:19; Eph. 1:4,5; Jn. 3:16; Rom. 8:35-39
- Wrath of God – Deut. 32:39-41; Ps. 7:11; Rom. 9:12; Rom. 1:18; Ps. 95:11; Deut. 32:43; Luke 12:5; 2 Cor. 5:11
This post is getting kind of long so I think I will try to share a little bit more each Thursday. And I also am planning to make a “Notes” section because (Tracye) I also read a book and then I go back through it and make notes and I haven’t been keeping these in the same place until now.
I know this seems organized (Or maybe it doesn’t) but if I have verses written down it helps me.
How about you all – have you started to make one?